This is a rich Primitivo! This is a wine of great intensity, with firm flavours of prunes and sultanas, which develop smoothly on the palate. A small production of only 3,000 bottles, with yields kept low to increase concentration. This is the label of a winery founded in 1821.
|Geographical Indication (GI)||Gioia del Colle DOC|
|Type of wine||
|Place of origin||
Gioia del Colle, Puglia
|Winery||Tenuta Patruno Perniola|
45 days maceration in stainless steel tanks, followed by 60 months ageing. Around 20% of the wine is aged for 12 months in oak barrels. After bottling, the wine is aged for a minimum of 6-12 months.
Fresh kitsigo, blueberry, black cherries and black plums, prune and rich fruits such as raisins. In addition, Vanilla and Nutmeg aroma from barrels overlap.
Full-bodied but with a good balance between fruit, tannins and alcohol, showing the potential of the grape.
Salami, beef jerky and other dried meats (Primitivo = meat dishes!) This is a wine that is more suited to reading a book than to a BBQ.)
(As of November 2021)
Grand Gold Medal at Frankfurt International Trophy 2021
Gold Medal At Berliner Wein Trophy 2021
· Golden Star Leaves at Guida Bio Wine Guide 2021
· Silver Medal at Vinum 2021
Grand Gold Medal At Frankfurt International Trophy 2019
· Gold Medal at Wine Masters Challenge 2020
Corona at Vini Buoni d'Italia 2021
· Gold Medal At Berliner Wein Trophy 2019
· Gold Medal at Asia Wein Trophy 2019
· Gold Medal (93 Points) at Gilbert & Gaillard International Challenge 2019
· Gold Medal at SELEZIONE DEL SINDACO 2019