This is a white wine made from 100% Verdeca, the local variety of Puglia. Verdeca is a rare variety that is rarely found in the region these days. From the glass you can smell ripe grapefruit and white flowers, followed by a fresh and pleasant acidity. This is a clean wine with a rich fruitiness and finish, perfect for seafood dishes!
|Geographical Indication (GI)||Puglia IGT|
|Type of wine
|Place of origin||
Gioia del Colle, Puglia
|Winery||Tenuta Patruno Perniola|
|Vinification Method||Four months maceration and ageing in stainless steel tanks, with a minimum of three months ageing after bottling.|
|Nose characteristics||Aromas of acacia, flowers of apple and orange trees, ripe grapefruit, pears and hints of tropical fruit.|
|Taste characteristics||A pleasant balance between high acidity and rich fruitiness. The palate is crisp and clean, with a rich, grapefruit-like citrus finish.
||Seafood fritters (shrimp, squid, octopus, etc.), seafood pasta, fried fish, Caesar salad.
(As of November 2021)
· Silver Medal at Vinum 2021
· Silver Medal at Wine Masters Challenge 2020
· 4 Leaves at Guida Bio Wine Guide 2021
· The Winehunter Award Rosso 2019
· BEST WINE-FOOD MATCH 2019 AT GUIDA AL BUON GUSTO 2019
· 3 stars on Vini Buoni d'Italia Wine Guide 2018/19
· 90/100 on Luca Maroni Wine Guide 2019/20
· 2 TRALCI ON VITAE AIS WINE GUIDE 2019